In this highlights episode, Phil Plisky explains exactly how an insurance-based clinic can generate lots of cash-based revenue by offering wellness-focused screenings and injury prevention services. He describes precisely how they’ve successfully leveraged screenings to develop a wellness-service niche. And they discovered patients are happy to pay for these services out of pocket. And that’s true even though they’re accustomed to using their insurance at that PT practice!
This is a low-risk approach to developing out-of-network business that can protect your practice from future reimbursement cuts. And that might be an ideal way for practices that are highly reliant on insurance-based business to get started with the cash-based model.
This “highlight” is from a full episode on developing a niche with injury prevention programs.
More specifically, we discuss these topics related to injury prevention:
- How “discharge testing” for insurance-based patients creates interest in cash-pay wellness services.
- The surprising sales approach that gets new prospects interested in the practice’s wellness services. This includes how they get traction with professional groups and athletic teams.
- Specific tests you can use to start offering screenings and associated services in your own practice.
- How these cash-based wellness screenings and services are affordably priced. Plus how they’re positioned to be fully compliant with existing insurance contracts.
- How the injury-prevention programs are typically structured to meet the needs of each patient based on their individual risk.
- What to do during patient screenings in order to achieve full buy-in with whatever cash-pay programs they choose to pursue.
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Functional Movement Screen
- Milwaukee Brewers results articles:
- Research supporting the Move2Perform injury prevention approach
- Phil Plisky’s website
- Move2Perform on Facebook
- Move2Perform Injury Prevention Software
Interested in the cash-based private practice model?
Let us know if you enjoyed the show:
[Click to Tweet link] Thanks Phil Plisky @move2perform for all the online and in-person marketing tips on the Cash-Based Practice Podcast w/ @drjarodcarter ! https://drjarodcarter.com/107 #cashPT