Today’s episode is an interview with Phil Plisky, PT, DSc, OCS, ATC, CSCS. Phil works at an insurance-based clinic that generates a large percentage of total revenue from cash-pay injury-prevention programs. I’m really pumped to start presenting more ideas of how any practice (cash-based OR insurance-based) can generate more private-pay revenue with non-treatment services.
As I’ve said before, being 100% out-of-network for treatment services will simply not be an option for plenty of clinics out there. So it is imperative that they find non-treatment cash-based services that can offset the decline of third party payor reimbursement over time.
In this episode, you’ll learn about:
- How Phil moves people from insurance-based treatment into cash-pay programs.
- How these cash-pay injury prevention programs generate more referrals for the practice (both insurance-based AND cash-based clients)
- The Y-balance Test and other injury prediction tests you can utilize in your practice
- How they price their cash-pay sessions, though they are in a “lower income” area.
- A skillful way to “get your foot in the door” with local teams and athletic programs to implement these injury prevention programs.
- The great results they had with implementing an injury screening and prevention program with the Milwaukee Brewers and US Army.
- Phil’s answer to my question regarding the “turf-war” there seems to be between Athletic Trainers and Physical Therapists.
- What to do during a patient’s evaluation in order to maximize your results as well as the ability to move them into useful cash-pay programs.
Resources and Links mentioned in this episode:
- Milwaukee Brewers results:
- Phil Plisky’s personal website – great stuff on injury prevention as well as optimal speaking/communication.
- Move2Perform Injury Prevention Software (affiliate link)*
*I only promote products I believe in and know bring value to my audience. If you click through the link above and utilize the product, I will get a small commission and I deeply appreciate it!
Let us know if you enjoyed the show:
[Click to Tweet] Thank you @PhilPlisky for being an awesome guest on the Cash-Based Practice Podcast w/ @DrJarodCarter