Between running her cash-based practice in NYC, recording her thriving Healthy Wealthy and Smart podcast, and co-founding the Women in PT Summit, Dr. Karen Litzy is one BUSY person. I last interviewed Karen back in episode 40, so when our schedules lined up nearly 3 years later I was stoked to get in a follow-up episode! In this short interview, I get Karen’s thoughts on hiring new employees for her concierge practice, how podcasting has changed her life and how my listeners might start their own patient-generating podcasts, and her upcoming speaker series, public speaking workshops, and women’s summit.
More specifically, we discuss these cash-based practice topics:
- Karen’s concierge practice and her plans for bringing on a second PT
- The speaker series she is organizing in New York to help health professionals continue their education and network
- How podcasting has brought Karen multiple new patient referrals… often international patients
- What methods PTs might use to attract local patients via a podcast
- The Women in PT summit and what experience Karen is striving to create for attendees
- Karen’s advice for current cash-based PT practitioners and for PTs considering opening a private practice.