Big news! This podcast has hit 200k downloads—Thank you so much for getting it there. I couldn’t have done it without your support!
Today’s interview is with Jamey Schrier, out-of-network practice owner, PT business coach, and author of The Automated Practice: Success Secrets for Working Less and Earning More. Jamey has had plenty of ups and downs in his practice, including a fire that wiped out his clinic. After his slate was literally wiped clean, he rebuilt the practice (and business) that he wanted instead of the one he had that was wearing him out.
More specifically, we discuss these cash-based practice topics:
- What happened when the “honeymoon” of owning his own practice ended
- The ethical dilemma he faced with the semantics of “accepting” insurance (even when his clinic was out of network)
- The success Jamey has had with his out of network practice and how he builds relationships with in-network physician practices
- His best advice for: Team-building, hiring, training, and onboarding new staff so that he no longer had to spend every day at his clinic.
- The “million dollar question” he asks at the end of evaluations when he’s explaining a patient’s plan of care, that lead to an incredible improvement in cancellation and drop-off rates for all his staff.
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Jamey’s book – The Automated Practice: Success Secrets for Working Less and Earning More (It’s free for you … If you prefer a paper copy, get one here–just pay for shipping!)
- Jamey’s “Foundations Workshop” – You can complete the application at this site to find the best fit for you!