After 10 years in the PT field as an employee in insurance-based private practices, Bob Schroedter PT, DPT took the leap 4 years ago and started a cash-based practice in the Miami Beach area. It has gone really well and he shares his lessons learned and insights in this interview.
More specifically, we discuss these cash-based practice topics:
- The logistics of how he runs his solo practice
- How he participates with Medicare but also provides wellness and fitness services to MC beneficiaries on a cash-pay basis
- His niche in the Ballet market
- An interesting way he is found by prospective patients (hint: not his website, not other professionals, and not word of mouth)
- His experiences with providing treatment at events like marathons and CrossFit competitions
- What drove him to choose the cash-based model, his fears going into it, and how he handled it all
- His patient demographics
- Things you can do as an employee to prepare yourself for private practice ownership
- Some fantastic parting advice to those interested in the cash-based business model
Resources and Links mentioned in this episode:
- MoveThruRehab on Facebook (Bob posts great content here … worth a follow)
Interested in the cash-based private practice model?
Let us know if you enjoyed the show:
[Click to Tweet] Thank you @movethrurehab for being an awesome guest on the Cash-Based Practice Podcast w/ @DrJarodCarter