Today’s podcast episode is with Cash-Based Practice Owner, Carlos Berio PT, DPT, MS, CSCS, CMTPT. He employs a staff physical therapist, a personal trainer, and an office administrator. He shares multiple lessons he’s learned along the way and the key factors to his success so far.
In this episode, you’ll learn about:
- How Carlos got his start in the cash-pay realm and went from a 300 sq ft space to a 2000 sq ft space.
- The mistakes he made along the way.
- The compensation plan he has for his cash-based employees.
- His emphasis on Value and how his team emphasizes this to their clientele.
- The logistics of out-of-network PT billing on behalf of cash-pay patients.
- The variety of non-treatment wellness and fitness services he offers and how he markets them.
- His “soft-discharge” approach and PT “tune up” program.
- His advice for those interested in this business model but worried about the ability to grow a practice beyond one or two practitioners.
Resources and Links mentioned in this episode:
- WebPT EMR (tell them Carlos Berio sent you)
- The Cash-Based Practice Podcast – homepage (if you’d like to leave a review)
Interested in the cash-based private practice model?
Let us know if you enjoyed the show:
[Click to Tweet] Thank you @SPARKphysio for being an awesome guest on the Cash-Based Practice Podcast w/ @DrJarodCarter