Shortly after publishing episode 82 back in October, my son, Gray, was hospitalized. What I expected to be a few days in the intensive care unit turned out to be a much longer, more grueling experience than I could have ever imagined. Gray was admitted for over three months and during this time I practically lived at the hospital. Now that Gray has returned home, I wanted to share the many insights I had about business while I was in the ICU with my son.
This episode contains a wide variety of lessons that span from mindset to customer experience; from human connection to hard core numbers – not just looking at flat costs but also considering percentages and potential return on investment. These are all strategies I use daily in my own practice and teach my students to utilize. I’m excited to share them with you so you can create your own dream practice in 2019 and beyond. And if you’re especially interested in the private-pay practice model, I highly suggest you join me and hundreds of your colleagues in my upcoming Free live training: “8 Non-Negotiable Keys For Cash Practice Success”
More specifically, we discuss:
- How finding a reason to smile in tough situations allows you to make better business decisions
- Why I became a regular at a taco joint near the hospital, even though the tacos kinda sucked and there were plenty of tastier options nearby
- The vital questions you should be asking yourself as you review your customer’s experience
- The business and personal lessons I’ve extracted from Nelson Mandela’s statement: “It always seems impossible until it’s done”
- Why you should always examine your net numbers AND your percentages
- How to avoid letting ‘psychological anchoring’ skew your decision-making
- The importance of framing your business decisions in terms of ‘Return on Investment’
- Strategies to minimize patient drop off using the “whip and carrot” method
If you’d like to learn many more lessons on how to create the private practice of your dreams, click the link below to my free live training on exactly how to do so.
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- My upcoming free LIVE training, “The 8 Non-Negotiable Keys to Cash-Practice Success”
- Carter Twins website and GoFundMe campaign to help get them all the (non-covered) care they need.
- Dr. Jarod Carter’s Cash-Based Practice Freedom e-Course
Interested in the transitioning out of network, starting your own cash-based private practice model, or growing a cash-practice you already have?