I am so freakin excited about this episode and this guest … I have been on this guy’s email list for over 2 years now, and he emails me every day! Yes, you read that correctly … not only have I not unsubscribed, but I genuinely look forward to his daily email. And over time, I’ve spent a pretty penny on his courses so that I can become a better marketer myself.
Since he was a child, Dave Dee wanted to be a magician. But he grew up and settled for work in “practical” jobs, adding in magic shows when he could. Like most of us, he believed if he got really good at his craft, success would follow. But instead, he just fell further into debt.
In an effort to find answers, he studied marketing, and that sparked a huge mindset shift. He began to think of himself as a “marketer of entertainment services” instead of a magician — and acted accordingly. Just 4 months later, he had gone from doing 3 magic shows per month to 57!
Every private practice must do the same things to succeed: generate leads and close them, perform the service and get paid, and generate repeat business and referrals. That’s why many of the same marketing principles that work for a magician will work for essentially any private practice. When Dave realized the power of sharing those principles with other business owners, he knew he’d found some real-world magic.
In this interview, Dave shares some incredible strategies for email marketing and the initial prospective patient phone call that will completely transform your ability to acquire new patients for your practice…
Ever freak out or panic when a prospective patient calls and asks if you take their insurance? Then this episode is a must-listen, and this new masterclass titled “How to answer ‘Do you take my insurance?’” is a must-see.
More specifically, we discuss these cash-based practice marketing topics:
- The trick of fate that turned a struggling magician into a marketing and sales expert.
- How to personalize your marketing emails so recipients will actually look forward to reading them.
- How to get started building an email marketing list of people who are interested in your practice.
- The reason open and response rates are actually lower for content-packed, topic-oriented messages.
- Applying strategy when writing marketing emails so the recipient is more likely to take action.
- How to write an engaging, unique subject line that drives huge open rates.
- A 9-word email for unconverted leads that can earn you business today.
- Why engaging, weekly emails are guaranteed to earn you business from former patients and referrals.
- What professional selling really is (hint: it’s not a high-pressure manipulation).
- The 4-step process for “consultations that close,” which will increase profits at no additional cost.
- Techniques that build rapport with prospects so they’ll be more likely to convert.
- The question that will help you uncover the underlying emotional need that is really driving a prospect’s decision-making process.
- How to respond to objections in a way that avoids debate and reframes concerns in relation to the prospect’s high-value goals.
- The two words that will automatically trigger agreement from your prospect.
As mentioned above, this episode is going live right as we are also launching a new masterclass e-course on mastering the initial prospect phone call. Getting really comfortable and really good at this phone is absolutely vital in the out-of-network business model! And this masterclass is priced incredibly low so that everyone in my audience has no excuse to not obtain this information and maximize your practice’s conversion of calls into cash-pay customers (or have your receptionist do so).
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Dave’s free six-step Virtual Selling System
- The DEEmail Profit System & Toolkit (use promo code JAROD to save $100)
Interested in the cash-based private practice model?