Sarah King DPT of Invigorate Physical Therapy first heard about the “cash-based business model” when she came across this podcast about 2 years ago. Just 6 months later she had started her cash-based neuro practice … which had a waiting list within a year and a half!
Sarah knew next to nothing about marketing before she got started, but she is now using some of the most-sophisticated marketing methods available to us. Though the insights and marketing wisdom she shares is applicable to any type of practice, I’ll repeat that Invigorate PT is a neuro practice … which is a part of the field in which many doubt the private-pay model can work.
I am certain this episode will inspire and educate all those who listen.
More specifically, we discuss these cash-based practice topics:
- What compelled Sarah to start a cash practice
- How she limited risk as she got started but also probably limited the speed of her growth
- How her involvement in a local non-profit was key to her early success
- The disaster that struck right after quitting her part-time job and going full time into her own practice
- The three marketing approaches upon which she has built her business
- Her use of Facebook Ads and Newspaper Ads to get incredible ROI
- The use of “Facebook Insights” to discover the best times to share your content with your specific audience
- Her use of a “30-day Challenge” to positively impact hundreds of people with Parkinson’s and grow her email list over 20X!
- How she is taking what she teaches her patients and putting it online as a digital product that can help people with Parkinson’s all over the world.
- The books, courses, and resources she used to go from a private practice marketing beginner to one of the savviest practice marketers I know.
Resources and Links mentioned in this episode:
- Learn the 12 steps Sarah took to get started
- Sarah’s Medicare guide: Medicare and Cash-Pay PT – a Guide to the Rules and Regulations
- Recommended reading: “Traction” by Gabriel Weinberg
- Simon Sinek’s TED Talk: How Great Leaders Inspire Action
- Her online mentors: Marie Forleo and Amy Porterfield
Interested in the cash-based private practice model?
Let us know if you enjoyed the show:
[Click to Tweet] Great #CashPT and #BizPT insights in this episode w/ @InvigoratePT4PD & @DrJarodCarter