Sarah King DPT of Invigorate Physical Therapy first heard about the “cash-based business model” when she came across this podcast about 2 years ago. Just 6 months later she had started her cash practice … and was on a waiting list within a year and a half!
She knew next to nothing about marketing before she got started and is now using some of the most sophisticated marketing methods available to us. Though the insights and marketing wisdom gives is applicable to any type of practice, I should also note that Invigorate PT is a NEURO practice … a part of the field in which many doubt the private-pay model can work.
I have no doubt this episode will inspire and educate all those who listen.
More specifically, we discuss these cash-based practice topics:
- What compelled Sarah to start a cash practice
- How she limited risk as she got started but also probably limited the speed of her growth
- How her involvement in a local non-profit was key to her early success
- The disaster that struck right after quitting her part-time job and going full time into her own practice
- The three marketing approaches upon which she has built her business
- Her use of Facebook Ads and Newspaper Ads to get incredible ROI
- The use of “Facebook Insights” to discover the best times to share your content with your specific audience
- Her use of a “30-day Challenge” to positively impact hundreds of people with Parkinson’s and grow her email list over 20X!
- How she is taking what she teaches her patients and putting it online as a digital product that can help people with Parkinson’s all over the world.
- The books, courses, and resources she used to go from a private practice marketing beginner to one of the savviest practice marketers I know.
Resources and Links mentioned in this episode:
- Learn the 12 steps Sarah took to get started
- Sarah’s Medicare guide: Medicare and Cash-Pay PT – a Guide to the Rules and Regulations
- Recommended reading: “Traction” by Gabriel Weinberg
- Simon Sinek’s TED Talk: How Great Leaders Inspire Action
- Her online mentors: Marie Forleo and Amy Porterfield
Interested in the cash-based private practice model?
Let us know if you enjoyed the show:
[Click to Tweet] Great #CashPT and #BizPT insights in this episode w/ @InvigoratePT4PD & @DrJarodCarter