I’m often asked what is the key to success as an entrepreneur. Based on what I’ve observed in my own businesses as well as the many other practice owners I’ve coached in my Mastermind group, the main factor governing your results is always the perspective you apply as you begin. By mastering the right mindset, you can create a fulfilling opportunity to serve your patients instead of turning yourself into a stressed-out workaholic.
In this week’s episode, I explain my own entrepreneurial background and walk you through the specific mindset shifts that I believe are critical to cultivating a business you will love to be a part of in the long term.
This “highlight” is taken from Q&A calls with my Mastermind Gold group—a highly interactive, supportive group where people who have tons of questions and concerns about how to start, grow, or transition to a cash-based private practice get the answers, resources, and confidence they need to build the practice of their dreams. We have a group coaching call every week, and we occasionally use excerpts of those calls for this podcast.
More specifically, I discuss these cash-based practice topics:
- The perspective shift that will keep you from burning out early in the life of your new practice.
- Why approaching your business with the right mindset will help keep your passion alive and allow you to enjoy the work for years to come.
- The personal-development technique I used to become a dramatically more effective entrepreneur.
- Why comparing your results to others who appear to be succeeding more quickly can make it difficult to create a thriving practice.
- Some of the many places I have looked to find no-cost inspiration, information, and advice on my entrepreneurial adventures.
Interested in the cash-based private practice model?