With over 75,000 followers, Leon Knight gets at least one patient a week directly from Instagram. For a small solo cash practice … that’s huge! (especially since he currently does zero paid social media advertising) In this episode, Leon shares with us how he grew such a following, the kind of content that brings in local patients, and what he does with his social media to show that his practice is all about the patient. But even if you have no interest in using Instagram for your practice, he also shares some great insights on how he pushed through any hesitancy about the cash-pay practice model, and got his practice going strong in very little time.
More specifically, we discuss these cash-based practice topics:
- Leon’s unorthodox journey to physical therapy
- How he prepared for a quick switch to cash-PT just one year out of PT school
- The mindset of a cash PT patient and how to craft a perfect elevator pitch
- Strategies Leon used for pre-framing his insurance patients before opening his cash practice
- How Leon grew his Instagram presence to over 75,000 followers
- What types of Instagram content will produce local patients
- Tips for quickly producing high quantity, high quality instagram content.
- The best practices for reposting content and using #hashtags
- Why Leon has patient care even at the center of his social media presence
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Follow Leon on Instagram @ThePerformanceDoc
- Ptmovementsolutions.com – Leon’s website with his new patient paperwork
- “Medicare and Cash-Pay Physical Therapy” eBook by Jarod Carter
- More questions? Click here to email Leon