When I was writing my first book on the Cash-Based business model years ago, I never would have thought it would serve as a guide and inspiration for a PT to start a cash-pay cancer-rehab practice … one block away from my house!
Just 6 months ago, Angela Wicker-Ramos PT, DPT started Cancer Rehab Austin and has used some very effective and unique ways to get her business growing quickly (and avoid debt even though her office is in one of the best neighborhoods in Austin : )
In all seriousness, Angela is a prime example of what can be accomplished with initiative and hustle, and I personally learned of some incredible resources in this interview that I’ve never heard of before.
More specifically, we discuss these topics about Angela’s cancer-rehab practice:
- What she did in the years leading up to starting her practice in order to set herself up for success
- How she found free mentorships and business guides (and even legal advice!) to help her start her practice
- How she used a GoFundMe campaign to raise money for the launch of her practice, raise awareness, and avoid taking on debt to start her business
- The primary ways she has marketed her practice and fill her schedule to 66% capacity in just 6 months
- How she made her clinic a multi-disciplinary center, increases referrals, and offsets her rent with the help of other practitioners.
- How discusses the cash-pay vs. insurance–based model with referring physicians
- Her tips and advice for using networking to quickly grow your caseload
- How she uses a pre-PT intern to help with far more than just changing linens on treatment tables
Resources and Links mentioned in this episode:
- My Cash Based Practice – eBook – a primary guide for Angela as she planned and started her cash practice
- SCORE – get an accomplished business mentor for Free!
- Cancer Rehab Austin website
- Cancer Rehab Austin – Facebook Page
Interested in the cash-based private practice model?
Questions for Angela? Ask them in the comments below