I’m pumped to present this interview of my friend and physical therapist, Stephen Dunn MPT, COMT, PMA-CPT. Yes, Stephen was actually my physical therapist a couple years ago and I was really impressed with the fact that he was mostly in-network but still spent a full hour one-on-one with every patient like I do. How is he able to do this? Because he and his wife have built a booming Pilates and Gyrotonics cash-based business alongside the PT practice.
More specifically, we discuss these cash-based practice topics:
- How he was able to build his practice as he worked part time for someone else
- How he is out of network (OON) with all but two insurances, and some details of billing OON.
- Why he often has patients choose to pay privately even though he is in network with their insurance.
- When he does and does not offer “same day payment” discounts and why.
- His entry into the world of Pilates and how he and his wife built a Pilates business along with his Physical Therapy practice.
- The advertising and marketing they tried that did and did not work.
- How he utilizes Google Adwords to generate business and my advice on how to capitalize even more on this advertising method.
- His advice to those considering starting an ancillary service/business along with a PT practice.
Resources and Links mentioned in this episode:
Interested in the cash-based private practice model?
Let us know if you enjoyed the show:
[Click to Tweet] Thank you @TherapyPilates for being an awesome guest on the Cash-Based Practice Podcast w/ @DrJarodCarter