This is a return to a very popular post I did in 2013 about what I consider a huge problem for the physical therapy field: the undervaluation of our services… not just by patients, referral sources, and (of course) 3rd party payors, but by physical therapists themselves!
This is an important topic and conversation we need to have over and over again, because the low-value mindset is so widespread among our colleagues and the general public alike. It is up to us to solve this issue. Please get involved in the solution.
More specifically, I discuss these cash-based practice topics:
- An Aside: Why my practice may be a “HIPAA Covered Entity” after all! State Laws can be stricter and supersede Federal Laws, and you need to know how to figure out if that is the case for your practice.
- Why I feel like our services are undervalued.
- Why so many PTs seem to have a low value mindset about what we provide.
- How we can begin to change this low-valuation problem across the board.
Resources and Links mentioned in this episode:
- The original post: The Chronic Undervaluation of Physical Therapy
- Have a Question? Click Here to Ask Me
Want to learn the 8 non-negotiable keys to success in cash practice?
[Click to Tweet] @DrJarodCarter “If we don’t view our services as highly valuable, then our patients, referral sources, & payors won’t either”
Get involved in this conversation!
Let us know what you think about this topic by leaving a comment below, and sharing this post with your friends and colleagues.