This episode pulls from one of my first cash-practice blog posts at this website, and it delves into one component of the “mindset” topic. I discuss the mindset of the target market for just about any cash-based practice, no matter what niche or area of treatment specialty.
More specifically we discuss these cash-practice topics:
- Why you should not expect as many referrals from medical doctors when you start or move into a cash-based practice.
- Where you will make up for that loss of physician referrals.
- A very common misconception about patients who are willing to go to a cash-pay practice.
- A concise definition of your new target market in a private pay practice, and what type of mindset they have about health and wellness.
- Why many practitioners think that there are not enough people in their area willing to pay out-of-pocket to support a cash practice, and why they are wrong.
Resources and Links mentioned in this episode:
- Joseph Brence at forwardthinkingpt.com
Interested in the cash-based private practice model?
[Click to Tweet] A shift in your target market when starting a #cashPT practice … hint: it’s not about the bank account.