No one wants to work in a toxic environment characterized by in-fighting and power struggles among staff, and you certainly can’t afford to have work squabbles interfere with patient care. But making sure you create and maintain a positive work culture can be easier said than done. Fortunately, even in cases where there has already been a fair bit of conflict, you can turn the tide—and it doesn’t necessarily require you to replace employees.
In this podcast, I share strategies for creating a truly positive work culture in your cash-based practice. You’ll hear how to recognize candidates with the wrong mindset before you hire them, clearly communicate your expectations to your employees, and keep those standards in place over time.
This “highlight” is taken from Q&A calls with my Mastermind Gold group—a highly interactive, supportive group where people who have tons of questions and concerns about how to start, grow, or transition to a cash-based private practice get the answers, resources, and confidence they need to build the practice of their dreams. We have a group coaching call every week, and we occasionally use excerpts of those calls for this podcast.
More specifically, I discuss these topics related to the work culture in your cash-based practice:
- How creating a strong mission statement for your practice will help you motivate your staff and set the proper tone for their interactions.
- How you can use your practice’s core values to avoid hiring team members who will create problems.
- Why choosing the right language to communicate expectations will help you build a cohesive team.
- A strategy for infusing those core values into your company culture so your team can get excited about it.
- How to make it crystal clear to your employees that their behavior must be consistently aligned with the corporate culture you have defined.
- Why a meticulous process for terminating employees who don’t meet expectations will help you avoid legal problems.
- Ideas for keeping the core values top-of-mind for you and your staff.