As business around the country begins returning to normal, many practices are looking to hire new staff. With that in mind, this week’s podcast is focused on how to structure a position and compensation package so you can attract the right sort of candidate. I explain the legal, psychological, and strategic factors to consider in order to make sure your next hire is a good one!
This “highlight” is from a Q&A call with my Mastermind Gold group—a highly interactive, supportive group where people who have tons of questions and concerns about how to start, grow, or transition to a cash-based private practice get the answers, resources, and confidence they need to build the practice of their dreams. We have a group coaching call every week, and we occasionally use excerpts of those calls for this podcast.
More specifically, we discuss these HR and compensation topics:
- Why I think a consultation with an employment attorney is a wise investment.
- How to discover an individual’s top motivators so you can craft a genuinely enticing compensation package that will work long term.
- Ideas for different compensation models and types of candidates they will attract.
- How to correctly identify whether a position should be classified as a contractor or an employee so you don’t end up in trouble with the government.
- Why planning for future hiring efforts well in advance pays big dividends over time.
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Interested in the cash-based private practice model?