“It’s good to learn from your mistakes. It’s better to learn from other people’s mistakes.” ~ Warren Buffett
I’m a strong believer in this statement from the world’s greatest investor. That’s why whenever I’ve made a mistake, I do my best to put my ego aside and share the lessons learned candidly with the thousands of people who listen to the Cash-Based Practice Podcast and read my emails. I want you to learn from my mistakes so you don’t have to repeat them yourself!
So this episode of the podcast is my review of 2017, which included some big wins as well as some important “lessons learned.” And stay tuned to the end because I announce some major changes I’m making to both my businesses and my focus moving forward … Hint: it involves producing way more content and resources for you!
More specifically, you’ll learn my lessons learned about these cash-based practice topics:
- How I got burned searching for a “unicorn” when I was hiring this year.
- How to prioritize your onboarding and ongoing training of employees/contractors.
- Identify the most vital components of your business to make sure they are handled really well.
- The importance of scheduling time to analyze your business on a regular basis, and give individual feedback to staff and contractors.
- Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) … some of the most basic ones that many practice owners still do not track, as well as some not-so-common ones that I track (and how to keep staff accountable for them)
- The “keep doing”, “stop doing”, “start doing” method of individual staff meetings
- My unfortunate example of why you should watch your overhead very closely.
- “Just because you CAN do something, doesn’t mean you SHOULD.”
- How a good friend and mentor helped me shift my business mindset and priorities going into the new year.
- My goals for 2018 and a MAJOR shift in my career and business focus moving forward.
- Jarod Carter’s Cash-Based Practice Mastermind Group
- Jarod is currently hiring for a Business Operations Assistant position
Thanks so much for sharing you experience. What an awesome journey. You have created a priceless opportunity for your family. Congrats on your twins!
All the Best
Thanks so much Patricia… it’s gonna be a fun ride!
Jarod, thanks so much for this podcast reviewing your 2017. I just started my cash based practice here in Memphis in Sept but really getting it off the ground now in the past month. Your openness and even vulnerability about your experiences is refreshing and i appreciate your sharing. I’m interested in the mastermind for sure.
Thanks for the comment, Clay, and huge congrats on starting your cash practice! So awesome to hear when people make the leap and take action on their dreams. We’d love to have you in the mastermind … at the time of this writing there are a few others just like you that started their practice in the past few months. https://drjarodcarter.com/mastermind