If you feel any hesitance about raising rates—or an aversion to the cash pay business model due to out-of-pocket costs for patients—you really need to watch this brief video taken from the Masterclass: How to increase your cash pay rates, maximize profits, and minimize customer pushback on cost.
Is it fair to ask patients to pay more? Lose your hesitance about raising rates
If you feel any hesitance about raising rates, I want you to kind of choose 3-5 patients that you’ve had in the past that you distinctly remember—like they’re those patients that you changed their life for the better in such a drastic way. You know? And pick out those details of like how bad they were, what it was keeping them from doing or being—you know, being in their career, being to their family, being as an athlete, whatever the case may be. And really think of what would have happened if they didn’t work with you or your staff—if they went to some money-mill clinic and got bad care and said, ‘Oh physical therapy…’ or ‘This or that therapy…’ or ‘This approach didn’t work’ …chiropractic… whatever field you’re in—like if they left feeling like it didn’t work because they went elsewhere.
But they found you and they worked with you and their life is forever changed for the better. We all have those patients. It’s like, man! Like Susan is in back. I mean, how many back-pain patients have you had that have been through 4 surgeries, and you’re like, man, if I could have just gotten ahold of this person when it first just started to just get stiff, right? Like think about how… now they can’t work, you know, their marriage is falling apart—like these are huge… there’s huge implications to what we do when we provide a life-changing experience for someone.
And they could have gone somewhere else and then found that orthopedist that just likes to cut. And all the sudden it’s like, ‘Oh my god’… the difference there. And I want you to focus on that, guys. I really want you to think about those few patients and have those kind of like ‘canned’ in your head. Canned material. Every time you feel hesitance about raising your rates or doubting in any way that what you’re charging or what you’re providing is worth what you’re charging or what you’re going to charge, think about those patients.
I mean that person that ended up being able to keep up with their grandkids again rather than sitting in a wheelchair or in a recliner all day inside—that is worth a lot more than a $50 copay. It’s worth more than $200 an hour, honestly. I mean it is worth… it’s priceless. It really is. That’s what we do as great clinicians, especially when we create practices that allow us and our staff to provide the highest level of care, when we can really shine and really change lives.
Again, this is just a tiny piece of the entire Masterclass titled: How to increase your cash pay rates, maximize profits, and minimize customer pushback on cost..
In the full Masterclass, this is what you’ll learn:
- The exact pricing strategies Jarod shares with his Gold Level Mastermind Members so you can get paid what you’re worth and increase your profit right away.
- The “red flag metrics” that are a tell-tale sign you’re undercharging for your care, and exactly what to do to fix the problem immediately.
- How to discover your market’s “price threshold” so you can confidently command top dollar without patient pushback.
- One simple test that tells you exactly what your prices should be and eliminates any risk associated with changing them.
- How to build the confidence necessary to charge appropriately (with this level of confidence you can get paid more and still get more YES’S)
- Conversation Strategies that automatically get your patients (and potential patients) excited about the value of the level of care you provide.
- Pricing Psychology Principles that position your rates as irresistible even if you’re the most expensive option in your market.
- The best ways to help even the most financially challenged patients take advantage of your cash-pay model without deeply discounting your rates.
- Simple keys that eliminate price objections and quickly turn price-sensitive prospects into cash paying patients.
- A powerful “Package Strategy” that boosts cash in hand right away while leaving your patients excited they’ve gotten a deal.